Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Packing the Tony's

As I pack and prepare to cross the pond, God continues to show Himself faithful, gracious, and generous to me. Sunday, the church I have attended all summer took up a love offering for me to help me get to the United Kingdom. The church through its giving, provided enough money to pay for my round-plane ticket!

Praise The Lord!

This is truly God's mercy as many of the congregation in the church have lost homes in the past two years due to the Crystal and the Hyde Park wildfires in Colorado.

As I have been reading in my Bible preparing for serving in a semi-pastoral capacity, I began reading 1 Timothy. 1Timothy 1:12-17, "I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinner, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

This verse has meant a lot this week, as I know that I'm the least likely candidate to serve in this capacity. I'm not perfect, I've got plenty of faults, yet God has called me to work, at least for a time, in the United Kingdom with a church plant.

One other thing I've been reminded of lately, and this might surprise some people, but I believe it is something we must be reminded of. Each of us (as Christians) has been redeemed by Christ; however, that is not the goal/pinnacle of our life. Rather, the peak is when we are being used by Christ to redeem the rest of the world. Because He is coming to make ALL things new, not just me. And not just you, but EVERYONE, and everything. All will be put back in order when He returns. My time in England, I pray, will be a time that hastens His return.

I will fly out to the United Kingdom next week. Any and all prayers will be appreciated as I will be flying the week of September 11th. I know God is faithful, and it doesn't matter what the world does, He is in control; however, my family still worries.

Many thanks to all who've helped me get the flight, and other transportation to England. I'm excited to see God work in the lives of those there, as well as in my own life.

You are likely wondering when I'm going to get to the "Tony's" part. The missionaries there (and myself) really like Tony's Creole Seasoning. Unfortunately, that cannot be found on the British Isles. So, I'm bringing as much Tony's as I can with me. While this may mean I can't bring other items. I am confident that the Tony's will suffice. Although I'm not sure if Tony's will help when I need another book to read. I guess I will just read the ingredients list on the plane!

God bless you all! Remember that you are a servant of Christ, and you have been redeemed to bring redemption to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I want feedback. Please be respectful, no obscenities, vulgar language, etc. Also, make sure you leave your name or email! Thank you!